Saturday, August 25, 2007

Too bad you can't buy a voodoo globe so that you could make the earth spin real fast and freak everybody out.

Jennifer has inspired me to create one of these high-fallutin' "weblogs" to chronicle my oh-so-invaluable "college experience," as they say.

So here goes. Today I have to do many-a-thing:

-Apply for a job as a gallery attendant at the Pacific Art Museum/Film Archive
-Apply for a research apprenticeship on a Germanic syntax project
-Apply for a position as an Arts & Entertainment reporter for the independent student newspaper The Daily Californian

Then at some point I'll have to knock back a few glasses of wine until I feel ready to enjoy the three-hour tedium that is my online alcohol education course. Just kidding, folks! It'll definitely have to be ecstasy.

At any rate, things are really beautiful here. I'm slowly and with ebbing resentment getting used to not seeing any familiar faces. Yesterday I hiked up to the botanical garden and wandered around. I saw a ten-foot-tall cactus, which won my heart. It needs a sombrero, though. Around sunset the fog rolls in over the hills and I get all giddy about it.

What else, what else. I auditioned for a play called Continuous City that looks really incredible
and I got a callback. I want to be involved so terribly but I'm worried it will take up too much of my schedule, what with my grueling studies and german syntax research and art gallery assisting and entertainment reporting and archery and all. That's right folks, archery. The first meeting is September fifth. By my twenty-first birthday, I'll be a force to be reckoned with.

That's all for now. I'll take some pictures around town for the curious eyes among you. For now, here's something to ruminate on:




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your various exploits captivate me more than you could ever know. To act like a rubber wall from which your days events will come flying back at you with a somewhat sweeter flavor, I'll share this with you: After my roomie and I had a discussion about drugs and she commented on marijuana and how she thought "Pot, like, really doesn't seem like a drug to me", I discovered that she didn't know what THC was. We're living in heaven together, Libby.
Signed,
Starts with a D, rhymes with Bananica.